Gateway Christian Academy is accredited by the International League of Christian Schools (ILCS) and the Florida League of Christian Schools (FLOCS). These organizations are recognized by the State of Florida as Certification Agents for Christian Schools and Child Care facilities according to Ordinances 402.301,402.316, and 402.319. Further, information may be obtained from the school office.
Gateway Christian Academy is dedicated to sustaining excellence in Christian education and fostering an environment where Christian principles and a Bible-based curriculum are incorporated to form the basis for unifying knowledge.
Statement of Objectives
Our goal is to:
- Provide the highest quality care, instruction and curriculum;
- Help bring forth an understanding of the subject being taught;
- Help students acknowledge God, discover and fulfill His purpose for their lives;
- Instill discipline by giving positive verbal rewards for acceptable behavior and corrective action for unacceptable behavior;
- Provide challenging academics;
- Provide accelerated reading programs with intensive phonics instruction;
- Instill positive values and character development;
- Help students develop critical thinking and art of communication skills;
- Provide exposure to fine arts, and computer technology;
- Offer Introductory Spanish;
- Assess elementary students’ performance by achievement test scores;
- Perform continuous evaluation of curriculum by governing body, administration, faculty and staff.
Statement of Philosophy & Objectives
The school’s philosophy and objectives shall be in agreement with the statement of Fundamental
Truths of the Assemblies of God.
The educational philosophy of Gateway Christian Academy is based upon the principles that the Christian School is wholly necessary to carry out the commands to ‘‘teach diligently to thy children the words which I command thee this day’’ and to ‘‘subdue the earth.’’ The inspired word of God gives the authoritative answer to the first question in Christian education. ‘‘Why a Christian School?’’ God reveals Himself in the Bible and in His creation. The Christian School gives the Bible pre-eminence; therefore, it plays an important role in transmitting to our children their spiritual heritage.
At Gateway Christian Academy, the Bible is the foundation of the school’s curriculum and is the first subject that is taught each day. The Bible lessons flow from the Word of God through the heart, soul and mind of the teacher into the heart, soul and mind of the child. All teachers are born-again believers in Jesus Christ, have committed their lives to Him and His ministry and are in fellowship and good standing with a local congregation.
Gateway Christian Academy further operates from the philosophy that God has inspired the parents to choose to raise and educate their children in the ways of the Lord, and in so doing they have chosen to partner with us in training and developing their children for excellence. Through the school, we are able to minister to both children and parents who are members of Gateway Church as well as from a broad cross-section of the community.