- Parents/Guardians submit an application and all pertinent paperwork.
- Parents/Guardians obtain and read a copy of the current Parent & Student Handbook.
- School Registrar checks paperwork and requests any additional documents needed to complete the application. When all the required information is received, the file is reviewed by the Principal. (File must be sent to the principal within 48 hours of receipt of all documents).
- Principal reviews file and have an appointment scheduled (within 3 days) with Preschool parents and Admissions Committee before admission is finalized.
- The Admissions Committee interview determines the final selection process. Once completed, the committee will determine if all the criteria make for a good match with the school and a formal letter of acceptance will be sent. Parents may be notified of acceptance by telephone pending the formal letter. If the Admissions Committee determines the match to be incompatible with the philosophy of the school, the family will be sent a letter of denial.
- Returning students who have had recurring attendance, discipline, late pick-up or payment problems may be required to meet with the Principal/Admissions Committee before re-enrollment is finalized.
Gateway Christian Academy will enroll students in Preschool Toddler (1 yr. old) through PK4 and Elementary: Kindergarten through 5th Grade. Students who will be 5 years old on or before September 1st of the school year will be eligible for admission to Kindergarten.
The educational approach is founded on biblical principles that address the nature of the learner and learning, the nature of truth and authority, and what is important to learn and know. “Today’s students need to be taught the accumulated wisdom of the past from a biblical worldview so they will have a firm foundation from which to evaluate the present and make proper decisions for the future.”
NOTWITHSTANDING THE ABOVE, ADMINISTRATION MAY INSTITUTE TEMPORARY CHANGES TO FACILITATE SPEEDIER PROCESSING FOR MAXIMUM ENROLLMENT.